The Cash Application Specialist posts daily cash receipts (lockbox payments, ACH, wires, and credit card) to clear accounts receivable. Posts advanced deposits as required. Applies reason codes to customer deductions during cash application. Additional responsibilities include Canadian cash applications, charge backs/debits, account reconciliation work and account maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare daily cash sheet
· Update metrics on daily management board
· Bank download and daily application of all incoming cash
· Prepare reports for identifying cash by operating company
· Support credit staff, collectors and manager as needed
· Reconciliation of accounts that have customer deductions, credit memos and disputed billings
· Release order holds as appropriate
· Document filing and retrieval, as necessary. Other duties as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements
The successful candidate will be energetic, insightful, collaborative, self-motivated, and positive. Other highly valued skills include:
· Three-year previous cash application experience in an accounts receivable environment