Overseeing department flight build production while continuously monitoring production processes and implementing changes to working practices. Accountable for ensuring adherence to guidelines, policies, and SOP. Providing leadership and direction to staff, anticipating delays, and partnering with departments to ensure flight build is on time and completed to airline clients’ specifications.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Overseeing and managing staff in the food plating-production area, measuring and monitoring production. Conduct structured training using established standard work job instructions to ensure staff is trained & developed to meet the requirements of their role.
- Meet established goals that are guided by operational standards, always supervising conformity and compliance with food safety SOPs and FDA regulations, ensuring an elevated level of hygiene in all areas, always adhering to safe working practices, and liaising directly with food stores/dispatch/equipment and air-side departments.
- Carrying out stock takes and monitoring the delivery of food from stores, i.e., checking deliveries to ensure the accuracy of incoming stock and relevant paperwork. Checking and reporting temperatures, dates, and rotation on all food items to ensure alignment with inventory supply.
The mission of the role
Build & sustain effective teams through performance management of “A” players and proper placement of skills for every role. The approach includes
- Training through Job instructions aids for each role. Summarizing standard operating procedures that are the basis for instruction.
- People development, identifying key role players to develop into job instructors. JI are associates in leadership roles that assist with job instruction to staff.
- Support & teach Job Relations (JR) in support of all staff members and team leaders. Building a positive employee environment centered around cooperation and motivation. Establishing new job methods by eliminating, combining, rearranging, and simplifying steps in the process.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Management-Supervisory experience-REQUIRED (food production or similar industry preferred)
- Effective written & verbal communication skills are required for this role with an established ability in building rapport with employees & colleagues. Must be proactive, effective follow-up & follow-through always. Structured and well organized
- Demonstrated abilities in awareness and proactive approach in ensuring conformity and compliance with food safety SOPs and FDA regulations
- Must have experience in working with established goals driven by performance metrics. Able to perform under pressure, maintain a consistent level of work output, and be willing to adapt to unpredictable working hours and situations
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent required. College degree preferred. Bilingual English/Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Basic understanding of lean manufacturing principles
- Demonstrated ability in optimizing people, resources, effort, and energy toward creating value based on continuous improvement and respect for people
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product/ equipment 25-50lbs periodically
- Regularly stands, bends, and repetitive movements during shift
- Must be able to work in a cold room environment of 36 - 41 degrees most of the shift and occasionally enter freezer storage