The candidate will be required to oversee the Ocean Export division and is responsible for the output and quality control of the facility. They must ensure efficient use of labor, equipment, warehouse space and time throughout the operation. They must be trustworthy and responsible and will be required to lock up and secure the facility at close.
Qualities of ideal candidates:
- Detail oriented, with a keen focus on processes and protocols
- Punctual, reliable
- Experienced in running a team, managing and motivating people
- Ability to set goals, teach, offer constructive feedback and encouragement to aid in the development and satisfaction of current employees.
- “Bigger Picture” thinking
- Yard goat/class A operator
- Can load/has loaded containers before
- CargoWise literate
Responsibilities & Duties Instructions
Day-to-day responsibilities and tasks include:
- Manage all employees involved in the operations at 12900 Simms facility.
- Coordinate with other managers on resource requirements and workflow.
- Ensure operational procedures are followed.
- Ensure compliance with CA employment and safety regulations.
- Look for improvements that will enhance productivity and profitability.
- Align operations with financial outcome each month.
Monthly goals include:
- Manage overtime and labor costs effectively
- Have billing and paperwork up to date and processed punctually and correctly.
Expectancies in one year:
- Work with management to develop and implement the business development plan.
- Have a full understanding of protocols and procedures within the operation.
- Be in a position to develop into the next level and take on further responsibilities.